Welcome to Day 5 of the SweatSox 14 Days of SweatMas SweatSite Extravaganza. Like Cory Bond after a 2nd beer, you’re not going to feel good about yourself after reading this post.
On Thursday, August 11th, the SweatSox faced the Nitabeer Panthers for the third and final time this year. We lost 23-4, but the game wasn’t as close as the score would indicate.
FINAL (5): Panthers 23. SweatSox 4.
*It could've been worse, we could've given up 24 runs.
Peace out Tier 1!#L7
— SweatSox (@SweatSox) August 12, 2016
Final SweatSox vs Panthers Notes/Thoughts:
- It was hot.
- The Panthers were the ones to bail on the Groves vs Smith pitching matchup this time.
- Chris Lidstone had to exit the game before his first at bat because it was hot, not to protect his .304 batting average.
- Nobody pulls John Groves from a game until he gets at least one out.
- Ross Hughes decided the perfect time to make his 2016 debut was: on the mound, without practice, no warm-ups, in the middle of the top of the first inning.
- Not even our fancy scorekeeping app was able to keep track of the Panther offence. Don’t trust their half of the boxscore.
- Summerhays ran out of wings.
Missed any of the SweatSox 14 Days of SweatMas SweatSite Extravaganza posts so far? Here they are, in all their glory: